1/2 Photos of Honey Nut Granola
No MSG!'s Note:
This granola is a great way to add healthy rolled oats and nuts to your diet. It is a great alternative to prepared cereals packed with sugar, hydrogenated oils and mystery ingredients. It can easily be adapted to include your preferred ingredients. My husband and I eat this often as a before-bed snack. I like it best served with bananas or strawberries and drenched with milk. I also like it over plain yogurt and fresh fruit. It is much easier to make using a large stainless steel bowl instead of the pan or cookie sheet that some recipes suggest. Please note that if you are looking for a very rich, sweet granola with clusters of oats, this recipe is not for you. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DRIED FRUIT MUST BE ADDED AFTER COOKING. A REVIEWER STATED THAT THE RECIPE HAD BEEN FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER AND HER FRUIT BURNT. THE RECIPE CLEARLY STATES NOT TO COOK THE FRUIT. THANK YOU.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large oven-proof bowl or pan, melt butter in oven.
- 3After butter is melted, add honey and cinnamon and mix well until cinnamon is dissolved into the honey and oil.
- 4Add the oats, nuts, and coconut if desired.
- 5Mix until the oats and nuts are well coated with honey and butter/oil.
- 6Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until oats and nuts are well toasted, stirring frequently.
- 7Allow to cool and add dried fruit and store in an airtight container. This stores for at least a month in the pantry and much longer in the refrigerator.
- 8I generally triple or quadruple this recipe. Cooking time is considerably longer. Just make sure you stir at least every fifteen minutes.
- 9Oil may be substituted for butter. Wheat germ can also be added but tends to make the texture grainy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Nut Granola
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 107.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g