Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Transform the nutty cheese mound into a bug with personality by creating a zany face and inserting red and green apple slices for wings. Totally cute and kids and adults alike love this little healthy appetizer or snack. Simple enough for kids to help prepare. Makes about 8 – 10 servings. There are peanuts and peanut butter in this dish.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- shoestring red licorice
- sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, honey and peanut butter until smooth. Spoon mixture in a mound on a serving platter. Insert apple slices around opposite sides of the cream cheese mixture to resemble bug wings. Sprinkle peanuts on top.
- Insert 1 ½ long pieces of licorice into one edge of the dip for antennae. For each eye, use a dot of cream cheese to stick a small piece of peanut onto a sliced almond. Press eyes into the dip. Insert a nut for the mouth. Makes 1 ½ cups.