Recipe by Jen Andrews
Receipe from Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. My DH loved it, and it made wonderful sandwiches the next day. Wonderful flavor with a little bit of a kick.
Top Review by Carrie in Indiana
Had this chicken for dinner with a slight variation. We did not have honey roasted nuts, but regular peanuts...so we just added some honey. It turned out quite well. Very delicious combination. Thanks Jen!!
- 2⁄3 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (Recommend Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce half-and-half or 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce whole milk
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Put nuts, bread crumbs and grill seasoning in food processor and pulse grind to combine the nuts into bread crumbs.
- Pour nutty-breading onto a plate.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half or milk, and hot sauce in a shallow dish.
- Pour flour out on a plastic board or plate.
- Dust both sides of the chicken with flour.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then coat with the nutty-breading.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over mediume high heat.
- Add vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer, 2 or 3 turns of the pan.
- Brown chicken breasts 2 minutes on each side in hot oil or until evenly light golden in color.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in oven until juices run clear and breats are cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- (longer for thicker chicken breasts).