1 hr 50 mins
The flaky phyllo crust, nuts, and honey will remind your tastebuds of baklava. Mascarpone, an extra-rich Italian cream cheese, makes the texture sublimely creamy. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts, hazelnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed (14x9-inch rectangles)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- raspberries (optional)
- rosemary sprig (optional)
- light corn syrup (optional)
- sanding sugar (optional) or granulated sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine ground nuts and sugar; set aside.
- 2Unfold phyllo dough; remove one sheet. (While you work, keep the remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Brush dough with some of the melted butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of the first, rotating it slightly to stagger the corners. Brush with a little more of the melted butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and butter.
- 3Ease the phyllo stack into the prepared pan, pleating it as necessary and being careful not to tear the phyllo. Sprinkle nut mixture over phyllo in pan.
- 4For filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, honey, and flour. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in milk. Using a wooden spoon, stir in eggs and lemon peel.
- 5Pour filling into phyllo crust. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until about a 2-inch border around the edge appears set when gently shaken.
- 6Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Remove side of pan. Cool for 1 hour more. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 7If desired, brush raspberries and rosemary sprig with light-colored corn syrup and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Arrange raspberries and rosemary on top of the cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Nut Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.0
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 278.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: