1/3 Photos of Honey & Nut Cheerios Squares
This is a very simple, yet very tasty, snack bar recipe. I like to use half regular variety Cheerios and half Multigrain Cheerios, but you can use any variety you like. You might also try mixing in some dried fruit or chocolate chips, but I prefer them as is. Especially if you use Multigrain Cheerios, this is a healthier bar than Rice Crispy treats. My whole family likes them, and they are great to make with kids. (Obviously, supervision is needed for the stove with younger children, but an older child can make these themselves.) Prep time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure honey and sugar into a large saucepan.
- 2Heat just to boiling.
- 3Add peanut butter and stir until melted.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in Cheerios, mixing thoroughly to coat evenly.
- 5Fold into a buttered 13x9 pan.
- 6Allow to cool one minute.
- 7With slightly wet hands, gently press mixture down so that bars will be compact and hold their shape.
- 8Allow to cool thoroughly, about 15 minutes.
- 9Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey & Nut Cheerios Squares
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.2
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 42.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g