Recipe by Chef Gardner
This is an easy to prepare Biscotti. Great taste and texture. This will be great with your morning coffee. Variations to this recipe would be the use of different nuts or different muffin mixes.
- 2 (7 ounce) packages honey bran muffin mix
- 8 tablespoons melted butter, slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the pecans with an electric mixer.
- Dough will form a ball, but it is sticky.
- Add the pecans and combine with other mixture. (Here, I use dough hooks because of the consistency of the dough).
- With well floured hands turn dough out of bowl onto the cookie sheet.
- Pat the dough into two equal logs about 4 inches wide and 12 to 14 inches long.
- Slightly flatten the log.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the loaves on the parchment paper to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the logs on a cutting surface and with a sharp serrated knife slice the log in to 1/2 inch slices.
- Return the parchment paper to the cookie sheet and place the slices on the cookie sheet with a cut side up.
- Return to the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove and turn each slice over and return to the oven for an additional 8 minutes.
- The biscotti is best if left in the oven for more than 30 minutes after turning off the oven.
- Leave the oven door ajar.
- Allow the biscotti to cool on a wire rack completely.
- Biscotti will keep a long time in an air tight container.