Source: Better Homes & Gardens
Make and share this Honey-Nut Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter or margarine and shortening in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add honey, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in coconut and 1 cup walnuts.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9x2-inch pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the powdered sugar icing, stir together sifted powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing is drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle with powdered sugar icing; sprinkle with nuts.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Bake bars as directed and cool completely. Do not frost with icing. Place uncut bars in a freezer container and freeze for up to 1 month. Before serving, cut into bars and thaw for 15 minutes. Drizzle with icing and sprinkle with nuts.
These were not what I expected. I guess I expected more of a bar cookie than a cake type bar. Good flavor. Made for Zwt6, Voracious Vagabonds.
Very, very good ! I did not do the glaze but they are very yummy without it. Due to a phone call I overcooked mine a little but I have just trimmed the drier edges and the middle is great and quite addictive. The pre cooked mixture was really yum, I must confess !!! I used almonds as my nuts plus threw in some dates. Made for ZWT 6.