Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
There are many ways to serve squash but this is one of my favorites. You may use other squash - you may even peel and cut the squash into bite size pieces, bake until soft, pour the honey mixture over and return to the oven for 5-10 mintes. Cut a thin slice off each half so the squash will sit nice and even
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise,seeds left in
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons pecans or 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- Place squash, seeds still in, cut side up on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven and scoop out the seeds and fibers.
- Mix remaining ingredients and distribute evenly into the cavity of each squash.
- Return to oven for apprx 10 minutes.
Yummy filling that's just the right sweetness. I left mine in the oven about 20 minutes and it soaked into the flesh of the squash and turned a bit crackled. I loved it that way.
I forgot the Worcestershire sauce, next time I have to try putting it in! It was delicious without it, too, though :)
I loved this! It is my first time having Acorn Squash. I will definetly be having this again! I made this to honor you for "The Bergy Cookathon". I am wishing you a speedy recovery.