Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from the My First Baking Book. I'm posting this for my children. My grandmother gave me this cookbook and it was one of my first. This is for the more advanced beginner or one that's good to cook with your children. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 12 -24 paper baking cups
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- line muffin pans with paper liners (I like to double the liners).
- Put the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in a mixing bowl and stir together until mixed.
- Put the butter and sugar in a separate bowl. Using the electric mixer beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Stop every once in a while to scrape the sides of the bowl clean with a rubber spatula. Add the honey and beat until blended.
- Break the eggs into the mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until completely blended.
- Add half the flour mixture to the mixer bowl and mix on low speed until smooth. Then add the yogurt and mix again until smooth. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Using a spoon fill each paper liner about three-quarters full with the batter.
- Put the oven mitts on and put the muffin pan in the oven. Bake until the tops are golden brown about 20 minutes.
- Wearing the mitts carefully transfer the muffin pan to a cooling rack. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Then put the mitts back on and turn the muffin pan on its side letting the honey bits fall out.