Recipe by Oreochic68
A spin on sweet potatoes and oh sooo good. Almost fat free.
Top Review by Phat & Sassy
I found this recipe many years ago in Cooking Light and have been making it ever since. I think the original recipe called for margarine, but I always use butter. I double the recipe when I make it, we love it that much. Especially with roasted chicken, brussels sprouts, salad and warm bread. Thanks for posting Oreochic.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, about 2 #, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sweet potatoes; saute 5 minutes. Add mustard and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are very tender.
- Once cool enough, place in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.