Recipe by ~*Sue*~Chef
I volunteer for my local public TV station and was co-chair of the food committee that provided food and snacks for volunteers & staff at a major fund raiser in the late spring. The food tent is always located in the outdoor court yard next to the grill. I developed this recipe as an alternative for mayonnaise based coleslaw dressing since the food needed to hold up in the heat of the outdoors. They ate it as a side dish, and on their hot dogs and burgers. They even came back for seconds! This is great for regular salads and dipping too. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard or 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Use heaping tablespoons of the mustard (sometimes I use a combination of yellow and spicy mustard-whatever I have on hand).
- Place all ingredients in a jar adding the salt and pepper to taste. Shake until well combined.
- This will keep for weeks in the refrigerator, just shake well before using.