Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are great and low-fat too!
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
This was really good. Unfortunately I had to leave out the mozzarella because I didn't have any of the fake stuff in the house at the moment and I'm allergic to milk, but I'm sure it would be amazing without it. I found I liked the sauce a lot better cooled, but that may have just been personal preference. Thanks yet again Kitten!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (more if needed to hold the mixture together)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped (or 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together turkey, egg, milk, garlic, cracker crumbs, mozza cheese, onion, ginger powder, 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (if using) seasoning salt and black pepper.
- Shape into about 30 meatballs (1-inch each).
- Place onto prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- In a saucepan combine pineapple juice, garlic, green pepper, honey, onion powder and cornstarch; mix to combine and bring to a boil, whisking/stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat. Add/whisk in 3 tablespoons mustard until smooth.
- Remove the cooked turkey meatballs from the oven and brush with about 1/2 cup sauce (or more) and return the meatballs to the oven, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the remaining sauce on the side.