Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
These are a little different. For all the honey-mustard lover.
Top Review by PixieDust
I made these for a co-workers going away party. The honey-mustard flavor was incredible. The meatballs were juicy and moist. Very tangy. The crowd gobbled them up quickly. I should have doubled the recipe and will next time. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine turkey, egg, cracker crumbs, cheese, onion, ginger, and 3 tablespoons mustard.
- Form into 30 balls, 1-inch each.
- Place in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple juice, green pepper, honey, cornstarch, onion powder, and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more; reduce heat.
- Stir in remaining mustard until smooth.
- Brush meatballs with about 1/4 cup sauce and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce as a dip for meatballs.