Prep 30 mins
Cook 37 mins
These are a little different. For all the honey-mustard lover.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine turkey, egg, cracker crumbs, cheese, onion, ginger, and 3 tablespoons mustard.
- Form into 30 balls, 1-inch each.
- Place in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple juice, green pepper, honey, cornstarch, onion powder, and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more; reduce heat.
- Stir in remaining mustard until smooth.
- Brush meatballs with about 1/4 cup sauce and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce as a dip for meatballs.
I made these for a co-workers going away party. The honey-mustard flavor was incredible. The meatballs were juicy and moist. Very tangy. The crowd gobbled them up quickly. I should have doubled the recipe and will next time. Thanks Nurse Di.
I made these for my parent's end of summer throw down. I doubled the recipe and am glad. The meatballs were moist. The sauce was sweet-tart. They had a great mustard flavor which we all liked. I also liked this because it is different from the usual meatball appetizer. Thanks Nurse Di.
These were tasty and light. I browned them on top of the stove (too hot here for the oven!), removed from the pan, added all the sauce ingredients and put the meatballs back in until done. Thanks for posting!