Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "The Delectable Past", copyright 1964 by Esther B. Aresty, Award Books, New York City, 1968
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (parts on hand)
- 1 pint defatted chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1⁄4 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Either use left over chicken and canned broth or poach chicken in 1 pint of water and use cooking liquid as the broth-- If using the cooking water as broth, flavour by adding chopped celery and carrots for a better tasting broth.
- Put the broth and mustard in a sauce pan and simmer until the honey is blended with the broth.
- Add some freshly cracked white pepper and a bit of nutmeg or cinnamon. Add the frozen peas to the pan and then remove from heat. Mix the cream and cornstarch well and add to the pan.
- Add in the cooked cubed chicken and then put the pan back on low heat; stir until thickened slightly.
- Try with cinnamon raisin bagel bites or croutons.
- Keep the heat gentle as you do not want to curdle the cream. Everything is cooked already, so nothing needs to be boiled.
YAY! Thanks so much for posting this. Came out delicious.