Recipe by BurgyJ
Delicious combination made with leftovers. My husband and daughter loved it! Baby spinach leaves were perfect for this. I made a sauce of yellow mustard, honey and mayo (until it looked good, no measuring) and baked my chicken in it for dinner one night. This is my masterplan for the leftover chicken.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 3 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken, cold (Preferably leftover from honey mustard chicken)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
make a dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- I tossed the spinach, bacon and onion together in a large bowl.
- I pulled out my leftover honey-mustard chicken and chopped it into small pieces.
- When I added this to my salad, the remnants of honey-mustard sauce got on my salad, but not enough!
- In a small bowl I mixed about 5 TBS of spicy mustard, 2 TBS honey and 1 TBS mayo.
- I added some poppyseeds, but it isn't necessary.
- I lightly tossed this into the salad and sprinkled top with large handful of cheddar cheese. YUM!
- Play around with the measurements to what you like. It was simple and used up a lot of little things I had lying around.