Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An absolutely fantastic recipe for pork loin roast! Plan ahead the roast needs to marinate for 24 hours. If you like lots of sauce then double the marinade ingredients, but use only same amount of garlic and onion. I have made this many times for a dinner party and for my family and always get rave reviews.
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 7 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, unwhippped
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- In a small bowl whisk together beer, Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, rosemary, fresh garlic and onions.
- Place the pork roast in a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade into the plastic bag and seal; turn a couple of times to coat well with marinade.
- Place the bag into a large bowl and refrigerate overnight (turning occasionally to coat roast).
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the roast onto a rack and place in a roasting pan; RESERVE MARINADE.
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 425 degrees (to create a seared crust).
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to roast until a meat thermometer reads 150 degrees, about 1-1/2 hours (might take more or less time).
- Let stand 15 minutes, then remove to a slicing board (do not slice as yet).
- Strain the reserved beer/mustard marinade into a medium saucepan, and add in the whipping cream; simmer until it is reduced slightly (about 15-20 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the pork roast and arrange on a large platter.
- Drizzle some sauce over the slices, and pass the remaining sauce.
This was very good. Althouogh, I thought it was really sweet. I think next time I will use less honey. This is company worthy. I will be happy to make this again.. Thanks for sharing Kittencal!! Made for 123 Hits
Kittencal, this is a WONDERFUL recipe!!!! I made this for a late lunch with our Pastor and family along with your Kittencal's Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes since everything was made yesterday, and baked today I was able to spend the afternoon visiting instead of running around! Thank you for helping me making this dinner party a great success!