Recipe by QueenBee49444
SparkPeople e-mailed this recipe to me today I'm going to post it here so I can find it when I want it. It is a "rich, flavorful honey mustard chicken with carrots and potatoes."
Top Review by NurseJaney
Needed to get dinner on quickly, so added some nice, crisp celery stalks and onion quarters, to the potatoes and carrots, and put the skin-on/bone-in thighs on top. Could have baked a tad longer but was "done" in stated time. A VERY tasty and easy combo ! Thanks, QB 4/08 Had some fingerling potatoes, baby carrots, and GIGANTIC bone/skinless breasts - "sort of" cut back for 2 servings, but cut chicken breasts in half. Nice flavor -- easy prep. I also used dijon mustard and added some honey. Thanks, QueenBee, for posting.
- 1 lb potato, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 2 lbs chicken
- 6 medium carrots, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 heads garlic
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss potatoes and carrols with oil, salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish.
- Place peeled garlic cloves among the veggies
- Sprinkle rosemary over veggies.
- Place chicken on top of veggies.
- Bake uncovered in oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While chicken & veggies are baking, mix mustard and honey together.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Place chicken on seperate plate.
- Spread honey-mustard all over the chicken.
- Stir veggies.
- Return chicken to veggies.
- Bake additional 10-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.