Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Rich, flavorful honey mustard chicken with carrots and potatoes. From SparkPeople.com.
- 1 lb potato, cut into wedges
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 heads garlic
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a shallow pan, toss potatoes and carrots with oil, salt and pepper.
- Peel the garlic heads and remove the cloves, and nestle the garlic amongst the vegetables and scatter the rosemary on top. Arrange the chicken pieces among the vegetables and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Stir together the mustard and honey, and spread over chicken. Stir vegetables, return chicken to pan, place back into the oven and bake 10-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender. Scatter the remaining garlic (or to taste) over the remaining contents of the pan.
This was good, but just not as good as I expected. Not enough honey/mustard flavor. I did enjoy smashing up the cooked garlic cloves and spreading it on crusty bread.