Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and easy main-dish entree flavored with honey and spicy brown mustard. Pounding the boneless chops tenderizes them and makes them cook quickly. From Taste of Home's The Busy Family Cookbook.
- 4 butterflied boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄3 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Flatten pork to 1/8-inch thickness. In a small bowl, combine honey and mustard; brush over both sides of pork. In a shallow bowl, combine cracker and bread crumbs; add pork and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat in oil and butter for 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until crisp and juices run clear.
I made this while at my DD#3's home and we all agreed it was a 5* recipe :) Very easy to make especially as I used pork schnzitels. :) I also think this would work well with chicken. A real keeper for us. Made for Aus/NZ swap November 2009
I loved these pork chops. Sweet, spicy, crunchy, tender. I omitted the butter and just used olive oil. Used Ritz crackers and Italian bread crumbs.
I didn't try this recipe exactly, but I came across it later--and I would hate for someone to not try this, because it hadn't been reviewed. I used an actual pork scallopini cut (1 lb), coated with 1 T honey & 2 T Dijon mustard. Dipped in egg mixed with 3/4 tsp water. Then dredged in bread crumbs. Fried in butter & olive oil. Awesome!! The honey mustard combo was great!