This is very good! I serve it with her smashed broccoli potatoes which I have also posted. I have used lemon Instead of the vinegar, used the juice from half the zested lemon. This is adapted from Rachel Ray, Food Network, hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 thin-cut boneless pork loin chops
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup stone ground dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider or 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade or 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1Line a baking sheet with a wire rack. Spray rack with Pam.
- 2Heat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- 3Trim the fat from the chops and sandwich each chop between 2 pieces of waxed paper or plastic. Pound the chops to 1/8-inch thickness and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4In a shallow dish combine the mustard, honey and vinegar.
- 5Add the chops and turn to coat in sticky sauce.
- 6On a plate combine the bread crumbs with the thyme and zest of the lemon. Press chops in the crumbs to coat evenly.
- 7Heat the extra-virgin olive oil, a couple turns of the pan, in large skillet over medium heat. Cook the cutlets until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 8Arrange the chops on the baking sheet with the rack and put in the oven to keep them crisp.
- 9To the skillet, over low heat, add the butter and melt. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the preserves, then whisk in the stock.
- 10Cook for a couple of minutes to thicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 11Transfer the chops from the oven to a serving platter and douse with sweet-savory gravy before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Mustard Pork Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 359.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stone ground dijon mustard