Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Another super duper recipe from ALSKANN in the Cookbook Swap fall 2008. This is from the Busy Woman's Slow Cooker recipe Book. I have read this like a novel and have 2 recipes giong right now. IT DOES NOT GET ANY EASIER THAN THIS! and the aroma! aaahhhh cooking time includes crock time
- In large bwl cmbine coup, wine, honey-mustard, minced garlic, little salt and mix well.
- place pork chops, sprinkled with a bit of pepper, in a sprayed 5 qt (5L) crockpot and spoon mixture over chops.
- cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- to serve- lift from crockpot, stir sauce to mix well and serve with chops.
- I am serving over egg noodles.
- optonal: to serve with potatoes- cut up into quarters-3 potatoes and place in slow cooker before adding pork chops. mmmmmm.
Impressive flavor for how easy this is! I made this as written and thought all the flavors went well together. Because my husband likes thicker sauces, I stirred in a cornstarch/water slurry at the end of cooking time. In about 5 minutes, the sauce thickened and we had some great pork chops. Thanx!
I didnt plan my day very well and ran short on time to cook the pork chops in my crock pot. Instead I browned them in my electric skillet and added the sauce mix. Reduced the heat to simmer and let the sauce reduce and thicken. It was wonderful! The pork chops were tender and the sauce was creamy with a nice zip to it. Will definitely make these chops in the crock pot and probably double the recipe. Thank you Chef1Mom for posting and thank you Alskann for sending her the cookbook!
I was a little skeptical when I started this recipe and had the sauce mixed because it just didn't seem as if it was going to turn into anything special. But...oh my...the longer it cooked the more heavenly the aroma and the sauce was wonderful, the chops so tender they fell apart. I'll try this next time with some skinless, boneless chicken breasts, and will definitely double the sauce. Did everything exactly as written.