Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large yellow plantain, peeled and diced (still slightly green)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked and shredded chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and minced garlic.
- Once garlic has become fragrant, add the diced plantains to the hot pan and cook on all sides until the become slightly crispy and light brown.
- Then add your cooked and shredded chicken to the pan to crisp up.
- Season chicken and plantains with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Once plantains and chicken are crispy, remove from heat.
- Dice up red onion and celery, place in a large bowl along with the dijon mustard and raw honey, then mix in the plantain and chicken.
- Add a bit more salt and pepper as needed.
Taste is okay, but I was surprised by the texture of the plantain; was like a very firm potato. First time I have cooked plantain so I may have done something wrong.