- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (combo, etc.) or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork (combo, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ground meat, bread crumbs, onions, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in eggs, mixing lightly, but thoroughly.
- Shape into loaf.
- Place loaf in baking pan.
- Combine honey and mustard.
- Brush half the mixture on the loaf.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then brush remaining honey-mustard mixture on the loaf.
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the chopped green onions.