Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My favorite salad dressing is Caribbean Garlic by Island Grove. It's a honey mustard dressing with lime and garlic. Due to an allergy to vegetable gums that I have, all commercially made salad dressings are a no no for me. I created this to fulfill that need. This recipe makes a small amount, but you could easily double it. I prefer to make small amounts since I eats a lot of salad and like to vary my choices. Hope you enjoy this dressing as much as I do.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, course ground variety
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (use your favorite)
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a a blender or food processor.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add oil and blend until completely combined.
- Chill, preferably overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve on your favorite salad.
Very, very delicious, and I was looking for awhile for honey mustard that didn't have mayonnaise in it! I doubled the recipe. My own tweaks for the future- leave out the salt, and don't use too large a garlic clove.
Let this sit for a few hours and you'll taste each ingredient in this dressing! I used regular Dijon mustard and when I'm watching the callories I'll cut down the oil . I liked the sweetness from the honey.
I'm a big fan of using honey & Dijon mustard combos, & this, along with the citrus juice, made A VERY NICE TASTING DRESSING! Thanks for the great keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made ;& reviewed in Potluck tag]