Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very simple recipe but very tasty, rather healthy too. This is based on a recipe by Iain Hewitson
- 12 chat baby potatoes, cut into quarters
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled but smashed a little
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary needles
- freshly ground salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 tablespoons honey, melted
- 12 lamb cutlets, well trimmed
- Preheat oven to 220d Celsius.
- Toss together potatoes and garlic with a little olive oil, rosemary and seasoning in an oven tray.
- Cook in oven for 15 mins, tossing regularly.
- Mix together mustard, lemon and honey.
- Then move the potatoes to one side and add chops.
- Pour the mustard mixture over the top of the lamb chops and cook for about 8-10 mins, till done to your liking, turning once.
- Serve with steamed beans or asparagus or perhaps a green salad.
Made this for dinner tonight- absolutely fabulous! The flavours complimented each other perfectly...no complaints about this yummy dish! This one's a keeper!
In a word - deeelish! I decided to serve this with mashed potatoes instead, and cooked the lamb cutlets on their own. Still used the rosemary however, sprinkled it over the mustard mixture (and also added a good shake of salt) just prior to popping in the oven. Then when serving I used some of the mustard honey rosemary sauce over the mash - yummy! Served with a side of green beans. Thanks Latchy - is def going in my fav's.
Great flavour. I used lamb steaks but feel loin chops/cutlets would be best. Another keeper for me.:)