I ended up tweaking a coleslaw recipe so much that it really became a new recipe. My husband was so enthusiastic about this, and was so adamant that this be put into rotation, that I figured I'd better post it. Recipezaar has sure taught me to experiment! Fearless cooking is so much fun......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix (1 package)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 apple, peeled and diced small-ish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh (actually juice of one lemon)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey (less if you don't have a sweet tooth like we have!)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I use my homemade Dijon, which is really hot ( you might want to try a little more than a tablespoon)
- 1Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; whisk until well blended.
- 3Mix dressing with salad ingredients and refrigerate an hour or two before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Mustard-Horseradish Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 227.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g