Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I discovered this recipe last summer and used it a lot for our garden green beans. Very different and we thought it was wonderful. Adapted from Moosewood.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, steamed or blanched
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Put the drained steamed or blanched green beans in a mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, add the lemon juice, oil, honey, and mustard; whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the beans and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.
Very tasty addition to our veggie tonight! This added so much flavor to the beans, and really all blended very well together. I quite enjoyed the tang of this recipe and look forward to making again! Made for Secret Ingredient Tag May '09.
I made this for PAC 2006. I skipped a step and cooked the green beans right in the vinaigrette. YUMMY! I was surprise at how much flavor these had. This would be really good on broccoli or asparagus too. Thanks for sharing! :) I'll be making this one again.