Recipe by MN*Kelly
This is such a tasty, fresh way to serve green beans! Very quick and simple; it can even be made a day ahead. The kiddos will eat it up! I have an aunt who requests that I bring this every Thanksgiving. I originally got this recipe from Parenting magazine. If you want to prepare ahead of time, just fully prepare as directed then cover and refrigerate. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, vinegar, olive oil and salt; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. (You could steam them instead if desired.) Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss green beans in honey-mustard mixture and serve warm or at room temperature.