Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serves six from Saving Dinner Winter week 6 suggested sides of brown rice, steamed cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- In a skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add onion.
- Saute until translucent.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika and salt and pepper to tast and add to skillet.
- Cook chicken until nicely browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together lemon juice, mustard, honey, and curry.
- Add to skillet mixing well while scraping off brown bits off bottom of pan.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer a minute in the sauce.
- Serve, spooning sauce over top of chicken.
I slow cooked an old chicken in the crock pot, and it ended up dry. Since I had used a similar honey/mustard sauce in the slow cooker, I thought I'd whip up a similar sauce quickly to serve over the dry chicken. Yours was absolutely phenomenal! It had the perfect blend of sweet, savory, and a little tangy. It was perfect! Thank you! :)
My husband loved it and said he never liked honey mustard before but will eat this again. I made one small change in your recipe I used Sugar Free honey since were both diabetics.
This was fantastic! Very tasty, sweet and savoury. Thank you for sharing!