Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth or 1 (10 ounce) can 25% less sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 4 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil at medium-high in large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook 10 minutes or until browned.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add carrots and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat slightly.
- Stir in broth, honey, mustard, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Heat to a boil, stirring often.
- Simmer covered, on low heat until chicken and carrots are cooked through- about 10 minutes, stirring often.
Very yummy. I like hot food so I added hot american mustard and it gave it a nice little bit of spice.
Made this tonight with a slight modification: used strips of skinless boneless chicken breasts instead of drumsticks and used a combination of carrots, green beans and snow peas instead of only carrots. It was easy and delicious; I will make it again. I just wish the "sauce" was a little thicker, so I will use more cornstarch next time and likely cook it uncovered near the end.