Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My kids love chicken drumsticks. This is one of their favorites. From Mr. Food.
- 1⁄2 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks (2 lb.)
- In a bowl, add the dijon mustard, dry mustard, honey, and cream; whisk until blended and smooth.
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat; add the drumsticks.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, turn frequently.
- Lower the heat and pour the honey-mustard mixture over the drumsticks.
- Cover and simmer on low for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve drumsticks with sauce drizzled on top.
I gave it 5 stars, the honey mustard sauce was out of this world. Only thing I would change if I make it again would be to use it with boneless skinless breasts instead of drumsticks, ONLY because we don't like drumsticks much except on the grill. Another reviewer said she might add onions. That might be nice as well. WONDERFUL sauce!
This has got to be the simplest recipe I've made in a long time and sooooooooooooo so-so-so GOOD!!!!! We like honey based sauces on our chicken and pork and have a favorite old recipe I make quite often. Well, I decided to try this one instead. My husband growled at me to make what I normally make (in the oven instead of on top) but when I put these in front of him and the kids he went on and ON how good they were. In fact, the sauce was so good over the rice I served with it that the children were practically licking their plates!!! The flavor was just perfect ... and got me off my low-carb diet for the night - and it was WORTH IT~! Thanks for posting, I will make these often!!! I would love to try with a pinch of curry! :)
These were very very good. Good kid food too. I have made them twice, following recipe exactly but the second time I refrigerated them for a few hours and served cold to kiddies, much easier to handle. Will make again!