Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy and deliciuos way to serve green beans! A Rachael Ray recipe from her TV show.
- 1 lb green beans, cleaned, sliced in half diagonally
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard (or your favorite mustard)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 scallions, sliced thin diagonally
- 1 bunch radish, sliced into thin rounds
- Steam the green beans in a covered pot with half an inch of boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Shock them by running them under cold water and drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and black pepper with a whisk.
- When the ingredients are well combined, drizzle the olive oil in a slow and steady stream while continuously whisking.
- Add the green beans to the bowl with the dressing along with the scallions and radishes, and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easy and delicious! Halfway through prepping I realized I forgot to purchase radishes
so I subbed carrots. Tastes better the next day. Be sure to bring to room temperature any leftovers
because refrigeration thickens the olive oil. All vegetables used either from the farmer's market or our CSA box. Tested standard yellow mustard. Olive oil was reduced to 1/2 cup as the mixture to me would have been a little too oily. Reviewed for Veg Tag/September.