Aust. WW 5.5 points
Make and share this Honey Mustard Chicken With Roast Vegetables Ww Aust. 5.5 Pnts recipe from Food.com.
- always fresh olive oil extra virgin olive oil flavored cooking spray, 3 second spray
- 560 g skinless chicken breasts (4 x 140g breasts)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon mustard (grain)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 g fresh carrots (2 bunches baby carrots)
- 600 g parsnips, ends trimmed, cut into 10cm long wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line base of a large roasting pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray chicken with oil and cook for 2 minutes each side to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, rosemary, mustards and vinegar in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange carrots, parsnips and onions in roasting pan and toss with olive oil. Roast vegetables in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, turning once. Arrange chicken amongst vegies. Spoon over marinade and roast for a further 15 minutes, or until chicken and vegies are golden and cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice chicken into 4 pieces and serve with roasted vegetables.
Made this for a family dinner, added lots of different vegetables and everyone really enjoyed it. Thanks.
This made a delicious meal for 4. It has a nice blending of flavors with a hint of sweetness. I did cover the vegetables with foil as they began to dry out some during the cooking process. The chicken was moist and well seasoned. With a side salad this makes a filling meal. Made for *Aussie Swap*