Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was unsure about this one but it's great! It's a little spicy, but that can be adjusted easily.
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml natural-style peanut butter
- 19.71 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml honey
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 1.23 ml hot pepper sauce
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 9.85 ml canola oil, divided
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- In a food processor, combine first 10 ingredients; process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken in 1 tsp hot oil 5-7 minutes until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet stir-fry vegetables in 1 tsp hot oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken to pan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until thick.
- Serve over rice.
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. The veggies were easy to prepare; I had 3 small zucchini that I just chopped into coins, and then I chopped the red pepper into strips. I would recommend trying to keep thickness consistent so the veggies cook at the same rate. The recipe doesn't say when to add sauce, but I put it in when I returned the chicken to the pan. I don't have a food processor, but I used my Magic Bullet to make the sauce, which worked great. I think a good blender would work as well. We will definitely make this again!
Great, tasty stir fry that is a cinch to make! Doubled the hot sauce and cayenne (will up the amounts a little further the next time - we like it hot!) and served over shredded iceberg lettuce. Oh so good! Thank you for sharing!