Recipe by Buzymomof3
I got this from an Easy Stovetop Chicken of the World cookbook. It's easy to make ahead and bring to work as a nice refreshing lunch.
Top Review by Tisme
This recipe has everything for summer.
Fresh, light and so tasty.
The dressing goes so well with everything and this makes for a lovely lunch on a hot summer's day.
Wonderful, easy and delcious recipe. Thanks Buzymomof3.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon
- 2 kiwi fruits
- radicchio, leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken in cold water, pat dry with paper towels and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Peal and mince the garlic. Heat 1 T oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant stirring constantly. Salt and pepper the chicken and add to pan. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes until lightly browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Dressing: in a medium bowl stir the honey, mustard and lemon juice. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Use a melon baller to get honeydew balls (or cut into small squares). Peel the kiwis and cut them in half lengthwise and then in slices.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken with the melon balls and kiwi's, add dressing and gently stir.
- Arrange on plate over radicchio leaves.