Recipe by nicoleingermantown
I copied this recipe from the blog Full Bellies Happy Kids. I put it here to add to my menu.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2⁄3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken, peas, soup, milk, mustard, honey, parsley, salt if desired, pepper and bacon.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the pasta and just toss it all into the skillet.
- Stir everything well.