Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
This is a 'must-make' when having friends and family over for barbecue. 'Slashing' the drumsticks not only allows the flavours to penetrate deeply, but to ensure that the meat is cooked through to the bone as evenly as possible. Please note, cooking time indicated includes marinating time.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yum! I used about 1.5 kgs of drumsticks and it was perfect. I marinated it for about half a day and the flavour really soaked into the chicken. Started to cook it on the BBQ but ran out of gas so finished it on the stove. Thank you Aaliyah&Aaron's mum
- 8 chicken drumsticks, slashed
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, honey, mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the drumsticks and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (can marinate for up to 6 hours in advance).
- Pre-heat grill to medium-hot, for outdoors medium-hot coals.
- Grill turning every 3 minutes and basting with any leftover marinade until the chicken is opaque with no trace of pink, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot on its own or with a sweet-chili dip.