Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a 'must-make' when having friends and family over for barbecue. 'Slashing' the drumsticks not only allows the flavours to penetrate deeply, but to ensure that the meat is cooked through to the bone as evenly as possible. Please note, cooking time indicated includes marinating time.
- Combine garlic, honey, mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the drumsticks and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (can marinate for up to 6 hours in advance).
- Pre-heat grill to medium-hot, for outdoors medium-hot coals.
- Grill turning every 3 minutes and basting with any leftover marinade until the chicken is opaque with no trace of pink, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot on its own or with a sweet-chili dip.
Yum! I used about 1.5 kgs of drumsticks and it was perfect. I marinated it for about half a day and the flavour really soaked into the chicken. Started to cook it on the BBQ but ran out of gas so finished it on the stove. Thank you Aaliyah&Aaron's mum
Great! I baked this (350 for 30 min worked in my oven) in the same glass 9x12 pan that I marinated in, and it turned out really well. Can't wait to try it on the grill in the summer time! Thanks for a winner!
I put the chicken in the marinade before work in the morning and DH had cooked it by the time I returned home in the evening. It was raining so he did it in the oven at 375F as 2Bleu suggested. It turned out moist and flavorful! The entire family enjoyed it. We will make it again and do it on the grill for additional flavor. Thanks Aaliyah & Aaron's mum :)