Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
An easy, no-fuss recipe. Update: I've cut the amount of butter in half, it works well with less butter.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sweet-hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Brown chicken in skillet and transfer to slow cooker.
- Melt butter is a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add all other ingredients, stirring well. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Serve with rice.
- Note1: You can also use one whole chicken cut up into serving pieces. If using just breasts, watch for drying out - fortunately there is a lot of sauce.
- Note2: Dijon mustard is good in this, instead of sweet and hot mustard.
- Note3: This recipe works well without browning the chicken, although I prefer to brown it. You can use skinless.
I made this recipe using 4 chicken breasts which gave the 2 of us a second meal, & the leftovers were just as tasty as the first meal! Did serve it over a combo ob brown rice & peas ~ Very, very nice, especially with the sauce! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
I used 8 drumsticks (legs) for 3 of us (we did have 2 left over for the DS's lunch) and I cooked them with skin on but next time I would remove the skin as it made the sauce a little fatty tasting and make sure they are fully covered with the sauce as was I could fit 5 in the base of crock pot and the other 3 on top and after 5 hour on low the ones one the bottom had the meat almost falling off the bone and the ones on top were cooked (so if you have people who like it cooked but not falling off the bone give them the ones on top). The sauce at first after removing the legs did not look appertising at all but a quick whisk bought it all together and was quite delicious over the legs and rice. I used Dijon mustard and only 1/4 cup of honey (dietary reasons though was still sweet enough for us) and 1 1/2 tablespoons of a hot madrass curry blend cut with 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and I melted the butter in the microwave in a large jug and just mixed the rest in which made for a really easy peasy meal as the cooked rice was defrosted from the freezer and just steamed the fresh vegetable in the steamer - all up 20 minutes on preparing and cooking the veg and heating the rice and just pop the chicken in the crock pot (note allow an extra 10-15 minutes to remove skin from legs next time) in all a great meal thank you duonyte, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.
This was delicious! The chicken was tender and the flavor was really nice. I loved how quick and easy this was, and will definitely be making it again!