Recipe by duonyte
An easy, no-fuss recipe. Update: I've cut the amount of butter in half, it works well with less butter.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I made this recipe using 4 chicken breasts which gave the 2 of us a second meal, & the leftovers were just as tasty as the first meal! Did serve it over a combo ob brown rice & peas ~ Very, very nice, especially with the sauce! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sweet-hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken in skillet and transfer to slow cooker.
- Melt butter is a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add all other ingredients, stirring well. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Serve with rice.
- Note1: You can also use one whole chicken cut up into serving pieces. If using just breasts, watch for drying out - fortunately there is a lot of sauce.
- Note2: Dijon mustard is good in this, instead of sweet and hot mustard.
- Note3: This recipe works well without browning the chicken, although I prefer to brown it. You can use skinless.