Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
My family loves this chicken recipe. This is my version of Outback steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sauteed in
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare marinade in small bowl and then cover chicken and refrigerate for 2 hours. Save small amount for basting.
- Preheat oven to 375. In saute pan heat oil and then add breasts to sear on both sides cooking about 4 to 5 mnutes on each side.
- Move to shallow baking dish.
- Top chicken with saved marinade for basting then top with mushrooms, bacon and then cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbling about 7 minutes.
My family loved this for dinner last night, I sliced my chicken into strips so they cooked faster and the marinade got more surface area. I am from Australia and have never heard of "the outback steakhouse" instead we have the "Lone Star". Great recipe, thanks for posting!
The taste was great - my husband loved it. But, hard to have bad food with bacon and cheese (lol). At 7 minutes in the oven it was medium raw in the middle and had to put it in the microwave for 3 minutes to finish it off. I think 20 minutes baking is better as was stated by another member unless the chicken breast was more like scallopini. This will be great with chicken thighs too and plan on using that next time. Thank you so much for posting this outstanding recipe.
Awesome! You'd think I had a pack of hungry wolves at the table, lol. I had to bake far longer than the 7 minutes stated in the recipe, mine were in the oven for 20 minutes and still a tad pink in the thickest part of the breast. Just need a minor bake time adjustment next time I make these. Thanks for a repeater!