Recipe by karenalvianiterry
My family loves this chicken recipe. This is my version of Outback steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken.
Top Review by cookingpompom
My family loved this for dinner last night, I sliced my chicken into strips so they cooked faster and the marinade got more surface area. I am from Australia and have never heard of "the outback steakhouse" instead we have the "Lone Star". Great recipe, thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sauteed in
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare marinade in small bowl and then cover chicken and refrigerate for 2 hours. Save small amount for basting.
- Preheat oven to 375. In saute pan heat oil and then add breasts to sear on both sides cooking about 4 to 5 mnutes on each side.
- Move to shallow baking dish.
- Top chicken with saved marinade for basting then top with mushrooms, bacon and then cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbling about 7 minutes.