My family loves this chicken recipe. This is my version of Outback steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sauteed in
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare marinade in small bowl and then cover chicken and refrigerate for 2 hours. Save small amount for basting.
- Preheat oven to 375. In saute pan heat oil and then add breasts to sear on both sides cooking about 4 to 5 mnutes on each side.
- Move to shallow baking dish.
- Top chicken with saved marinade for basting then top with mushrooms, bacon and then cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbling about 7 minutes.