Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an often repeated recipe in our monthly menu. Can be easily doubled, though I've never tried freezing it.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Rinse chicken w/ cold water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Score breasts lightly on both sides about 5 times.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, and dry mustard.
- Add honey, green onions, mustard and oregano, mix well.
- Place chicken in prepared pan, brush with 1/2 of honey sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Flip over and brush with remaining sauce.
- Bake another 15 minutes.
This was easy to prepare and smelled really nice as it was cooking. I really did like it but my family was not to crazy about this chicken. They are not really into sweet chicken. I feel this recipe was just to mustardy and the honey just shoked he hell out of them. I suppose I have to lure my families taste buds so that they can learn to appreciate exotic flavors one step at a time.
We really liked this! I will make it again soon! Thanks for posting, Sam#3!