Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is easy to make with things I always have around the kitchen. I got it off the bag of Kroger frozen chicken breasts - who woulda thought! I think you could increase the amount of mustard to taste if you would like to.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange thawed chicken breasts in shallow baking dish.
- Mix all four ingredients into saucy consistency.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour basting every 15 minutes.
This is a great and simple recipe! When I make this, I add two-three tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate to the sauce before baking, then serve it with orange rice.
This is a great example of how a simple recipe can produce lovely results. Rather than a full third cup of butter I used 3 tablesppns, plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil. The only thing I added was a half teaspoon of onion powder. I cooked the sauce ingredients in a pan, 'til boiling, then poured over 8 chicken breast tenders. Baked only about 40 minutes as these chicken pieces were thinner than whole breasts would be. DH, DSS and I all thoroughly enjoyed this and I'm addding it to my file of quick dinners. Thanks for posting this.