Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this recipe about a week ago. My family fell in love with it!! Even the dog loved it. It really goes good with fries if you have any honey mustard left which I know you won't!!!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- paprika or cayenne pepper
- In pan at medium heat cook chicken until no longer pink.
- In another pan cook bacon until crisp.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a bowl add mayonnaise, prepared mustard, and honey, whisk until smooth. Add paprika for mild taste or cayenne pepper if you like yours hot!
- on a cooking sheet layer chicken side by side. spread 1/4 cup of honey mustard mixture over the top of each breast. criss cross 2 slices of bacon on each breast.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese on each breast.
- Place chicken in oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve with fries and enjoy!
I made this tonight running low on time and groceries. While I didn't have bacon slices, I used the last of the bacon bits I have onhand for salads. I added the bits to the frying pan with the chicken. It turned out delicious. I'm certain that it isn't healthy, but oh well. My husband and daughter(2 yrs) loved it!