Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yep, Honey Mustard Cheeseburgers! Yummy recipe from a honey website!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (chuck or round)
- 4 teaspoons onions, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or American)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomatoes, slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano (1 tsp. fresh)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Combine mustard, honey, dried oregano, and lemon juice, if using, to make sauce.
- To ground beef, add 2 tbls. of the above mustard sauce, oregano, onions, salt and pepper. Mix together lightly, but make sure it is fully incorporated. Form into 4 burgers. Grill or broil 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium. When the burgers are almost cooked, place a slice of cheese on each one. Place on bottom of bun and top with lettuce and tomato. Spoon the rest of the honey mustard sauce over the top and place top bun over all. Enjoy!
These burgers were so good that my boys didn't even add ketchup to them. I made them exactly as instructed and used the optional lemon juice in the sauce. Excellent moist burger. Made for Holiday Tag.
These burgers were yummy! There was only a slight taste of honey mustard... I think it needs more mustard in the sauce? Anyhow, still very tasty!!