Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweet and tangy snack. Perfect as is or as a crunchy, flavourful addition to a nice salad. It also makes a really nice gift -- just put it in a pretty jar with a ribbon. This recipe should come with a warning though because these are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! :) I came up with this recipe because I love honey mustard pretzels and I love cashews -- so it just made sense to see if I could successfully combine the two. Feel free to adjust seasonings to your liking. Sometimes I add in a bit of cayenne pepper for a bit of heat, but that is optional so I left it out. This recipe is also nice for peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.
- cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (canola, sunflower, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups cashew halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, wisk together the honey, vegetable oil and mustard powder. Add in the cashews and toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Check after 10 minutes to stir regularly to ensure even toasting. (oven temperatures may vary so keep an eye on them)
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and store in an airtight container.
Although the flavor of this recipe was wonderful...it did not achieve the "honey mustard" flavor I was expecting. In fact, I didn't taste the mustard at all. The nuts came out a tad gooey...almost on its way to a brittle. They taste good, just not what I was expecting. Maybe next time I would half the honey, add a bit more mustard, and experiment with some other seasonings to add a little more zip to these super sweet nuts.