Recipe by grumblebee
A sweet and tangy snack. Perfect as is or as a crunchy, flavourful addition to a nice salad. It also makes a really nice gift -- just put it in a pretty jar with a ribbon. This recipe should come with a warning though because these are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! :) I came up with this recipe because I love honey mustard pretzels and I love cashews -- so it just made sense to see if I could successfully combine the two. Feel free to adjust seasonings to your liking. Sometimes I add in a bit of cayenne pepper for a bit of heat, but that is optional so I left it out. This recipe is also nice for peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.
Top Review by la gourmande mondiale
Although the flavor of this recipe was wonderful...it did not achieve the "honey mustard" flavor I was expecting. In fact, I didn't taste the mustard at all. The nuts came out a tad gooey...almost on its way to a brittle. They taste good, just not what I was expecting. Maybe next time I would half the honey, add a bit more mustard, and experiment with some other seasonings to add a little more zip to these super sweet nuts.
- cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (canola, sunflower, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups cashew halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, wisk together the honey, vegetable oil and mustard powder. Add in the cashews and toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Check after 10 minutes to stir regularly to ensure even toasting. (oven temperatures may vary so keep an eye on them)
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and store in an airtight container.