Recipe by Sue Lau
A recipe for your bread machine. This makes a great loaf to have for ham & swiss sandwiches for lunches.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
This bread had excellent flavor and texture. We had a 'Zaar dinner two nights ago. I Served Baked Pork Chops and Rice (#29719 by Dancer^) and Piquant Green Beans (#26487 by Sue L). The loaf turned out light and fluffy, and made marvelous toast the following morning for breakfast too! Thanks for sharing with me Sue!
- 1⁄2 cup water (3/4 cup for large loaf)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour (2 cups for large loaf)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour (1 cup for large loaf)
- 1 teaspoon gluten (1 1/2 tsp. for large loaf)
- 2 teaspoons dry milk (1 tbsp. for large loaf)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey (1/4 cup for large loaf)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (1 tsp. for large loaf)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (1/2 cup for large loaf)
- 1 2⁄3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (2 1/2 tbsp. for large loaf)
- 1 teaspoon dried chives (2 1/2 tsp. for large loaf)
- 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast (or 2 tsp. active dry yeast, for large loaf use 2 tsp. fast rise yeast or 3 tsp. active dry yeast)