Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
A recipe for your bread machine. This makes a great loaf to have for ham & swiss sandwiches for lunches.
- 1⁄2 cup water (3/4 cup for large loaf)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour (2 cups for large loaf)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour (1 cup for large loaf)
- 1 teaspoon gluten (1 1/2 tsp. for large loaf)
- 2 teaspoons dry milk (1 tbsp. for large loaf)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey (1/4 cup for large loaf)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (1 tsp. for large loaf)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (1/2 cup for large loaf)
- 1 2⁄3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (2 1/2 tbsp. for large loaf)
- 1 teaspoon dried chives (2 1/2 tsp. for large loaf)
- 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast (or 2 tsp. active dry yeast, for large loaf use 2 tsp. fast rise yeast or 3 tsp. active dry yeast)
- Place ingredients into machine in the order given.
- Operate machine according to manual instructions.
- Note: You may use either the regular or rapid bake cycles on this loaf.
This bread had excellent flavor and texture. We had a 'Zaar dinner two nights ago. I Served Baked Pork Chops and Rice (#29719 by Dancer^) and Piquant Green Beans (#26487 by Sue L). The loaf turned out light and fluffy, and made marvelous toast the following morning for breakfast too! Thanks for sharing with me Sue!
Great flavor and texture. This is a nice wheat bread to try for a change.