4 hrs 15 mins
OH YUM! From All Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 fresh bratwursts
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into long strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into long strips
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into rings and separated
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 cups honey mustard barbecue sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) beer
- 10 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 1Place half of the bratwurst in the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker.
- 2Arrange half of the green pepper, red pepper, and onion over them. Layer the remaining bratwurst over the top, and top with the remaining red and green bell peppers and onion. Throw in the garlic and bay leaves.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix together HALF of the honey mustard sauce, liquid smoke and beer.
- 4Pour into the slow cooker. Add more beer if necessary to cover everything in the pot. Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
- 5Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- 6Remove bratwurst from the slow cooker, but leave onions and peppers inside. Place bratwurst on the grill and baste with some of the remaining honey mustard sauce. Turn occasionally until slightly charred.
- 7Place bratwurst on rolls, and use tongs to pull out a few of the onions and peppers from the slow cooker and drape them over the sausage.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Mustard Beer Brats (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.5
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 1439.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring